Our ICAO standard flight dispatcher course mirrors the FAA, FAR Part 65 aircraft dispatcher programme and exceeds the minimum SA CAA regulatory requirements.
The programme addresses theoretical knowledge and practical applications for trainees to achieve a level of proficiency to successfully acquire the flight dispatcher certificate in support of operations as outlined in SA CATS 121. This qualification will enhance career opportunities with Part 91 (private), Part 135 (charter) or scheduled Part 121 airline operations.
Who should attend:
Current flight operations personnel as well as individuals seeking an exciting career in flight dispatcher/ flight operations.
What will you learn:
The flight dispatcher programme is designed to enhance knowledge, safety and efficiency in the flight operations space.
• Radio Aids
• Principles of Flight, Aircraft Technical
• Performance, Weight and Balance
• Navigation, Flight Planning
• Aerodrome Categories, Air Operating Certificates, Aircraft Documentation
• Bilateral Agreements
• Operations Control, Commanders Authority, Flight and Duty Limitations
• Ground Handling, Slot times, Emergency Services
• Legislation, RVSM, NAT/MNPS, ETOPS (ER)
Training material to be provided on commencement of course
The pass rate for all theoretical and practical exams is a minimum of 80%. Trainees failing any examination will be allowed only one (1) rewrite attempt. Trainees MUST achieve an 80% average pass mark throughout the course in order to gain entry to the final qualifying examination.
• Trainees must be a minimum of 18 years of age. There is no maximum age restriction
• International learners must be in possession of a valid travel document and appropriate visa valid for the entire duration of the course. (Comair may assist with letters of support to the embassies for visa applications where required.
• A high school completion certificate (matric) or an equivalent NQF Level 4 certificate
• Trainees should have a good grasp of mathematics. (mathematics literacy may be inadequate without a maths bridging course.
• The ability to manage large volumes of work
• Personal medical insurance
Non-refundable deposit for registration: R10,000-00 to be paid before 31st of March 2020
Balance of payment: R18,500-00 to be paid before 30th of April 2020
All prices quoted above do not include Value Added Tax (currently rated at 15%).
Foreign exchange payments are VAT exempt.
With over 70 years of airline experience, our specialised team can provide you with world renowned quality training ranging from ground training facilitators to flight instructors.
Our training team is led by Captain Glen Warden and Captain Paul Dore who ensure that a seamless and professional training experience is provided to all our clients. Together they lead a dynamic team of highly trained instructors who are all active pilots at the forefront of airline operations.
Our Team of Fight Instructors boasts more than:
60 000 Hours on Boeing 737’s
10 000 Hours of flight training on modern narrow bodied aircraft
70 Years of Airline experience
Captain Paul Dore
External Training Manager
In an industry where hours matter, Paul Dore has more than put in his time. Over the years he has accumulated 18 000 accident-free hours of which 7 000 were on helicopters and 6 000 are as a flight instructor. Aside from experience, Paul has an innate instinct for flight and training that we have come to rely on at Alt. Pilot Training.
Paul has been involved in the Aviation industry since 1975. After starting in the military – a tough and thorough training ground – he progressed through Corporate Aviation industry to the Airlines. He has been actively involved with flying training since 1980 on both fixed wing aircraft and helicopters. He attained Designated Examiner status with the SACAA in 1992.
Captain Glen Warden
Manager of Commercial Operations
Captain Glen Warden, Manager of Commercial Operations, understands first-hand the demands of a career in aviation. In an industry that is high-octane and where the stakes are high, he brings a lifetime of experience, savvy and innovative solutions to the team at Alt. Pilot Training.
Glen has been in the industry for over 40 years, with over 30 years as advanced instructor both in the South African Air Force, and the civilian aviation sector. Having studied at Universities of Stellenbosch Business School, Newport (California), Dallas Fort Worth, he has wide commercial business experience in providing innovative, value-add training solutions.