Aim of course:
The aim of all training programs is to equip you to a level of proficiency necessary for carrying out your designated duties and to prepare you to successfully acquire a type related license where applicable. This training programme is designed to allow you to gain the most relevant knowledge of safety to operate the type of aircraft or position being trained.
The prerequisites for initial type rating training are as follows:
– At least a CPL or no less than 350 hours as pilot-in-command of aeroplanes
– A B737-3/4/500 endorsement in your current licence
– A valid instrument rating
– A multi-engine class rating;
– Multi-pilot operation training and certificate in the case of multi-pilot aircraft. The multi pilot operations training is only required for the first multi-pilot aircraft rating.
What will you learn?
How to safely and efficiently operate a Boeing 737, including all the normal operating procedures, non-normal operating Procedures and multi crew operations pertaining to the B737, which is aligned to the Boeing training footprint.
4 Days of Requalification Ground School
– Boeing 737-3/4/500 Technical including PERFORMANCE / WEIGHT & BALANCE for 3 Days
– FMC / AFCS
Following the successful completion of the ground school phase, you will continue to the Simulator phase.
– 5 Full Flight Simulator Sessions (4 Hours each)
– Skills test with SACAA Designated Examiner
This phase is primarily a “handling” phase, and in most sessions the aircraft returns to the airport of departure to complete the handling exercises. This notwithstanding, the instructor will still ensure that you are always considering factors such as landing weight, weather and other applicable factors before making the decision to return. Emphasis will be put on Threat and Error Management, Crew Resource Management and proper decision making.
Instructors will assess and facilitate good Crew Resource Management (CRM) principles as well as command potential. All Full Flight Simulator sessions will be conducted on a LOFT basis which means soft skills are constantly assessed.